NEWS & NOTES
- Hello Folks
- We are in another beautiful time of the year in our area. There are a few trees showing some yellow gold tints while other trees and grasses are vividly green. Enjoy.
- It is also wasp season though. What scent or smell keeps wasps away? Wasps have a strong sense of smell and dislike plants like peppermint, spearmint, basil, eucalyptus, cloves, geranium, thyme, citronella, bay leaves & lemongrass. ~ The Spruce.
- Repel wasps with apple juice in a pie pan with a few drops of dish soap. The sweet attracts them and the soap kills them.
- Your Public Works Department will pick-up limbs and stick the last Thursday and Friday of September. Call 845-1700 to request pick-up.
- Fun fact: Last week, The Twins played the Rangers at Globe Life Field. The average monthly stadium electricity bill is between $500,000 & $600,000, Yikes! ~ Google
- September is “National Recovery Month”. If you or someone close to you is challenged with mental health or substance abuse, please know there is help out there for all. Begin by contacting a health provider or someone in recovery with whom you can visit. Stop your pain, get started; talk with someone.
- Winter parking regulations will be coming pretty soon, be watching so you can be prepared.
- The other day I was walking home and stopped to visit some folks relaxing on their first-floor balcony. Do you remember when older homes had porches on the front and neighbors would stop by and visit? Then came garages, electric garage door openers and decks on the backs of houses. It seems all those things are handy, though sad to say, each challenges socializing…….. Make an effort to greet your neighbors.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether or not to say it.” ~ Pinterest
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,