NEWS & NOTES
- Hello Everybody,
- Thank you to the Chamber team and its Members for facilitating “Save a Buck, Spend Some Doe” over the weekend. It was fun seeing the people uptown visiting, smiling and shopping.
- The Barnes County Food Pantry needs your help as many Barnes County people are in need of assistance. Currently, the need for food is pressuring the amount of food in stock. Donations of food or money can be delivered to the Barnes County Senior Center. Please help.
- Recycle for more reasons than our environment as Valley City’s costs for hauling our garbage to a landfill will be seeing significant increases. That said, please recycle all eligible material, especially cardboard, to minimize costs.
- Saturday the VCSU Football Vikings hosted Waldorf University. It was a beautiful day we sometimes don’t see in November, with some clouds and splashes of sunlight that still provided a bit of warmth though only about 37 degrees.
- Thank you to all the high school and university students who competed in the fall activities. Years from now, you’ll be glad you did.
- Please remember having a pet is a responsibility and picking up its fecal matter is up to all of us ……. We can do better.
- In case you find yourself feeling “bummed” too often, help is available, use it. Getting help is a sign of strength and you will be able to enjoy life again. There are many Blessings out there yet to be realized.
- We thanked Veterans on Veterans Day, consider thanking them all year!
- Valley City Garbage Service: Please bag and tie materials placed in the containers to keep yours clean. Be sure to place your container with the handle toward the house so the truck can empty it for you.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices.” ~ Robert Braathe, Country Living
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,