NEWS & NOTES
- Hi Folks,
- November 11th, 2023 Veterans Day will be observed. On Veterans Day we honor those who made the choice to place themselves in harms way while ensuring our freedoms. Regardless of their branch of service, where duty takes them, whether they served in conflict or peacetime, all who wear this country’s uniform know liberty comes at immense costs. How about taking a minute to say “thank you” to a veteran?
- This is an exciting time as fall activities are culminating seasons with Championship meets, games and matches. Check your favorite school’s calendar so you can follow its progress. Enjoy!
- It is also an exciting time for deer hunters as the gun season, which is almost a state holiday, opens Friday the 10th! As Del Tibke use to say, “Obey the rules and enjoy the great outdoors”.
- North Dakota League of Cities (NDLC) Executive Director, Matt Gardner, wrote about some highlights from the NDLC’s Annual Conference. A couple points he felt to be important were engaging constituents in the NDLC Mission, networking and activities along with achieving a work-life balance. It is as important, sometimes more so, to schedule “you time” like you would schedule any other meeting; think about it. Thanks for all you folks do Matt.
- Information received last week shows Valley City’s Municipal Power Supply is 89% carbon-free and 73% renewable. Working towards “green”, Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) has reduced its carbon intensity by about 52% during the last 20 years.
- “Save a Buck, Spend Some Doe”; visit Chamber Member Stores to find the “buck figurines” and an opportunity to win one of five $100.00 Chamber Buck prizes. Want more? Email: email@example.com.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost; all is lost.” ~ Billy Graham
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,