NEWS & NOTES
- Hello Folks,
- This is a time to give thanks for: Blessings we sometimes take for granted, all those who are in our lives and bountiful harvests to name a few. I hope you all have a Blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends.
- Thank you to our Electrical Department and all involved with placing our city’s Christmas Lighting. Central Avenue lighting is amazing with more coming on Main. There are numerous sites for photo ops throughout the downtown, check’m out & enjoy.
- Friday the 24th is the VALLEY CITY FIREFIGHTERS BENEFIT DANCE FUNDRAISER at the Eagles Club with music by “Karma”. It is a free will donation event.
- SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY, showcasing our local businesses, is this Saturday along with the Chamber’s Light Parade and a Christmas Lighting Ceremony in Veterans Park. Make it a day to be uptown enjoying people and the holiday spirit.
- With the sun being lower in the sky, darkness comes early. PLEASE wear Hi-Viz reflective clothing and walk or jog facing traffic. There are so many distracted drivers, you’ll be safer if you wear Hi-Viz reflective clothing/vests and are facing oncoming traffic.
- The Behavioral Health Coalition met last week with special guest Dr. Nizar Wehbe, North Dakota State Health Officer. Dr. Wehbe was gracious in listening to the needs and concerns of Barnes County Citizens, schools and healthcare organizations. Addictions to vaping, tobacco, alcohol and various other drugs were discussed. Availability of suitable housing is also a growing concern in our immediate area and statewide.
- Last week Sue and I attended the VCPS production of Frozen. The talented young people made the event delightfully entertaining. Thank you to all who made it happen.
- Last week’s VCHS “Friday Flyer” shared some benefits of exercise: weight control, cardio, less stress & diabetes control to name a few. A little exercise goes a long way. Think about it.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “Give thanks for a little, and you will find a lot.” ~ Hausa Proverb
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,