NEWS & NOTES
- Hi Everybody,
- With our nice fall weather more people are walking, running and biking. However, with more hours of darkness and distracted drivers, it is IMPERATIVE you wear “Hi-Vis” clothing. Be safe, “Go Hi-Vis”.
- The Valley City Barnes County Library is hosting Joelle Bearstail October 17th, 5:00 at the library. Joelle is a mom, celebrated author of children’s books, educator and founder of “ImagiNative Inc”. Stop in and visit with Joelle.
- The Red River Water Supply Project (RRWSP) is a pipeline to bring water to eastern North Dakota during times of drought. This is a huge project to be funded with federal, state and local dollars. I will be sharing further as time goes, but for information now, see: http://www.rrvwsp.com/.
- FUN, October 20 & 21 Valley City Parks and Recreation (VCPR) will offer numerous activities beginning with free movies Friday at Twin Cinema. Saturday there is a Halloween Costume Fun Run/Walk, Spooky Spike Showdown and Park-tober Festival all to be taking place in Chautauqua Park.
- Many of us are cleaning our yards, flowerbeds and the like. Please dispose properly; grass clippings, flower stems and small branches (4-inch diameter maximum) go to the west side of the Transfer Station 24/7 at no charge. PLEASE do not put those items in the garbage. We have some great services available for our use, please respect them & use properly; thank you.
- Valley City Public Works and MRES are partnering to offer incentives for energy-saving projects and products. Residential and business customers are eligible and will also receive access to our Trade Ally contractors. For further information, see Bright Energy Solutions at: https://www.brightenergysolutions.com/members/valley-city-public-works.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “What you do with your family is more important than what you do for your family.” ~ Pinterest – SAVETHECOWBOY.COM
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,