- PBS has been showing the 2019 “Ken Burns: The National Parks” production recently. We watched one the other night and found it to be quite enjoyable and educational. Watch for it in your television guide.
- The Sioux Empire Football Officials’ Clinic will be held June 19 & 20 in Sioux Falls. Regardless of your experience or ability, there is something there for you. Many prominent officials have begun or enhanced their careers at this clinic. Check it out for yourself and share with fellow officials: http://siouxempirefootballofficials.com/
- When watering your lawn, you will maximize the benefits if done in the morning, evening or over night. Evaporation, enhanced by the sun & wind, “steals” much of the water during the hotter times of the day.
- The Emerald Ash Borer has invaded Moorhead, MN and it is moving towards our area. The Emerald Ash Borer can devastate Green Ash and Black Ash trees when it invades. Around Valley City it is estimated that nearly 65% of our trees are Ash. There are actions that can preserve some trees though awareness and timing are critical. For further information, contact our City Forester, Bob Anderson, or Barnes County Extension Agent, Alicia Harstad. Be proactive so you can be prepared.
- Last week during our MRES Board Meeting we had our annual review of “Board Ethics Training”. I found it to be very valuable and interesting continuing education.
- Last week Automated Garbage Pickup began. The truck and operator worked fine though we citizens have a few things we can do better (face & space containers appropriately & be sure the lid can close). Please review the instructions that were attached to your container or at, https://www.valleycity.us/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/can-instructions-7.pdf .
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “To do more for the world than the world does for you IS success.” ~ Henry Ford
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,