NEWS & NOTES
- I hope you all had a nice, safe, relaxing holiday weekend.
- Saturday, June 3rd, the annual Sheyenne Valley Soap Box Derby will be held in Valley City. Go uptown, enjoy the festivities and visit with friends. Summer is here, YAY!
- There is a 24-7 grass and branch dump by the Transfer Station. Please be respectful and keep the piles neat; some people are “strewing” materials everywhere. It is a good service, take good care of it so it can be continued. Thank you.
- June is Alzheimer’s Awareness Month. That Alzheimers is so prevalent now days, our City County Health Dept. (CCHD) is developing a “Memory Cafe” emphasizing awareness, education and support. A goal is to be a “Dementia Friendly Community” supporting the afflicted and their caregivers.
- * Can you imagine this? Some people are putting grass clippings in our painted and clearly identified recycle bins! Doing that is just wrong, as Mike Ditka would say “Com’on man”!
- The Valley City Barnes County Library will kick off it’s Summer Learning Program May 30. At 10:00 AM May 31 there will be various emergency vehicles on display for people to see up close. Check with the library for further information.
- A CP Rail Training Exercise Team is conducting emergency management training for our county and city staffs. Many of the sessions are required for us to qualify for cost shares associated with said emergencies.
- Last Thursday a couple Arbor Day events took place. On West Main two trees commemorating City Foresters, David Dunham (23 years) and Willis Wagar (4 years). Thank you to them and their families. Valley City Parks and Rec. planned an event in City Park where multiple trees were planted.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “Give thanks for your Blessings and pray for guidance every day.” ~ John Wooden
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,