- Saturday was the fifty-third celebration of Earth Day. It is a day when a billion people in 193 countries support environmental protection. How about giving some consideration to our earth everyday?
- Drew Kohler, a third grader, in Valley City served as Mayor for a Day at our Valley City Commission Meeting last week. As part of City Government Week, Drew was selected for her essay submission. A side note, she “loves meatloaf and encourages all of us to pick up 5-pieces of garbage in town daily”! Thank you to all third graders who submitted essays as all were good.
- With temperatures being either side of 20 degrees below average, “global warming” would be a tough sell at this point. The good part of the cooler weather and snow, it is melting slowly, replenishing subsoil moisture and retarding floods.
- Speaking of flooding, the USACE was releasing about 1500 cfs from Bald Hill Dam over the weekend. That, along with runoff between the dam and here, our river level was about ten feet and the forecast is friendly.
- We need to hang on, I believe better weather is coming. “Hope dies last”.
- You may have heard, residential garbage pick up will be changing, June 5th is the “target”. Only one operator is needed to run the truck to pick up containers. Our truck has arrived and we are awaiting the containers. A 65-gallon container with wheels and barcode identification will be delivered to our homes the week of May 22nd. Delivery personnel will use addresses to deliver so containers will be left in the “front”. Please see the city website and Facebook for updates.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “If we magnified Blessings as much as we magnified disappointments, we would all be much happier.”
~ John Wooden
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,