- Jews celebrate Passover April 5-13.
- Christians celebrate “Holy Week” & Easter this week.
- Last week the Twins opened the season with three games at Kansas City in the sunshine and green grass of Kaufman Stadium. It looked serene. Though spring weather is slow getting here, it will arrive………
- Hopefully you made opportunities to enjoy the Saturday and Sunday sunshine in town, though Saturday out of town roads became super slippery from drifting snow sticking to the road surfaces.
- As the Legislative Session nears its end the pace of addressing bills picks up. A few of the bills we are tracking are: HB 1040 regarding NDPERS, SB 2330 regarding Legacy infrastructure Loan fund (as per last biennium’s HB 1425) and SB 2020 relating to funding for projects like Permanent Flood Protection (PFP). In SB 2020, Valley City’s request for PFP is $13.2M and is critical for our next construction phase. An easy way to track bills is to enter “North Dakota bill number” into a search engine.
- As mentioned previously, there is potential for high water this spring. The speed at which the snow melts and how much more precipitation is received are crucial. Your city crews are preparing equipment and procedures should needs arise.
- Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) “Culture Statement” #1, “We care about the well-being of each employee, promoting a work/life balance, and a safe work environment”.
- Sue and I attended the movie “Champions” at our Bison 6 Cinema this weekend. The story, a coach is sentenced to 90-days of coaching a Special Olympics Team. “Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt”.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “When there is no consequence for poor work ethic and no reward for good work ethic, there is no motivation.” ~ JD Roberts
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,