- *The NORTH DAKOTA WINTER SHOW activities begin March 4th with the Michael Ray Kick-off Concert. Enjoy the show.
- Thanks to all you folks in the service industry who have been working diligently delivering mail, food, packages and the like. Recent weather has been awful, thank you again.
- As per above, our street & electrical crews are often called out at all hours of the day and night to open roads, fix water lines and make sure we all have electricity. It is tough duty, thank you.
- Maybe the toughest job, especially during nasty weather, is working on the sanitation trucks. Riding the back of a truck & gathering our garbage with 40-below wind chill is tough and these folks go above and beyond serving Valley City Citizens. Thank you all a bunch.
- Be sure to take part in the Chamber’s “Cocoa & Coffee Crawl” Saturday March 4 from 10:00 – 2:00. Have fun!
- Monday, February 27 from 2:00 – 6:00 a “Love Your Library” Open House will be celebrated at the Valley City Barnes County Public Library. See how libraries operate and at 4:30, Phil Mueller will share information about the legislative processes. Drinks and cookies will be served so stop in and enjoy.
- Last week it was shared that Tom Heller, President & CEO at MRES is retiring and Matt Schull will assume the position. Thoughts from Matt: “I’m very excited about joining a great team at MRES and getting to know the 61 communities it serves, including Valley City. I’m looking forward to getting started soon; Kim and I can’t wait to move back to the Midwest.”
- Minnesota Twins players and staff sported T-shirts bearing the phrase “Powered by Mental Health”.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “If the only prayer you said was thank you, it would be enough.” ~ Meister Eckhart
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and be Respectful,