- May you and yours have a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
- Jobs, jobs, jobs, so many businesses are looking for help. There are primary jobs, secondary jobs and part-time jobs available. Students, perhaps you could use a little “walk’n around money”? Retirees, perhaps a part-time job would be gratifying and the sociability may be very enjoyable. Think about it?
- Do you remember New Year’s Eve Day, it was overcast with snow, frosty trees everywhere and NO wind? We were Blessed with another day of beauty.
- Monday, January 9, is National Law Enforcement Day. To show gratitude for our law enforcement entities, wear blue, send cards of support, and share gratitude face-to-face. “Thank you to all our area law enforcement people”.
- That we have gobs of snow and pretty nice weather for this time of the year, kids have been out playing on the huge snow piles and are having a “blast”! When you are driving around, please be cognizant of kids playing and people moving snow, be safe.
- Many of you have gone the “extra mile” removing snow from your sidewalks and clearing paths to your garbage cans. Thank you, it is a big job and your efforts are greatly appreciated.
- The #1 contributor in motor vehicle crash deaths is failure to wear seatbelts. Did you know, more people die in motor vehicle crashes from being UNBELTED than drunk driving, distracted driving or speeding? Wear a seatbelt properly. ~NDDOT
- Congratulations to Kerry Johnson, Barnes County Highway Superintendent who will be retiring March 8, after 45-plus years. Thank you Kerry & Jennifer for investing in Barnes County and the surrounding area. Enjoy your retirement.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “Young people need models, not critics.”
~ John Wooden
Blessings, Pray and Be Grateful,