- Valley City has qualified as a “Tree City USA” by the North Dakota Forest Service. Congratulations and thank you to all the folks who make it happen.
- Many trees are showing stress. With drought conditions last year and a cold winter, your trees may need WATER.
- In City Hall there is a recommended list of trees that will “fit” wherever you’d like to plant one. A number of younger trees are or will be growing into power lines around town and in time will have to be removed. Please check yours, if they aren’t too large, you can have them moved.
- * A reminder, your vehicle’s turn signals are to alert traffic around you. Please signal earlier than later as it could prevent another driver from hitting you. Signaling when your turn has begun is too late. Be safe, signal early.
- Last week a vehicle ran into a permanent floodwall; “alcohol may have been involved”. Versus the floodwall, the vehicle “lost” and there were physical injuries. Alcohol can be dangerous for you and others so please use good judgment and drive sober; “The life you save could be your own”.
- Thank you to all who helped with topics & proofing again this week.
- “Good teams become great teams when the members trust each other enough to surrender the ‘Me’ for the ‘We’.” (Phil Jackson)
- Blessings, Respect, Kindness and Prayers,