- I hope yours was a safe Memorial Day weekend, remembering family and friends who served our country though no longer with us.
- Following a relentless, cold, windy winter and a late spring, seeing green grass and leaves on the trees are welcome sights.
- Donate blood, platelets or plasma. Blood banks are in dire need of donors as every 2-seconds someone in the USA needs blood and one donation can help up to three people. You may help a little girl, someone who was in an accident or a Mom with Leukemia. Blood drives are held often in Valley City and giving is gratifying, give it a shot.
- With the rains we have had, there are water puddles, containers in back yards and everywhere holding water. Please drain them to slow mosquito breeding. They are already a bit tough up at the lake.
- Do you remember the “euphoric rushes” of playing ball and other sports? Give back to the games; the “rushes” are still available to you through sports officiating. Try it; suit up, make the “big calls” and protect the integrity of the games. Call 701-845-3953 for information.
- There are many dandelions and some long grass around town. Please do what you can to retard the spreading of weeds and contribute to beautifying our community by mowing your lawn.
- Contributors; thanks again for your help this week.
- “Gratitude is a great pain killer.” (Anonymous)
- Blessings, Respect, Kindness and Prayers,