- This year the North Dakota Winter Show (NDWS) celebrates its 85th year! Last Saturday was the “Kick-Off Concert” and Tuesday evening the NDWS 1st Annual Chili Cook-off and Ice Cream Social begin the rest of the week’s events underway. Please get out and enjoy this great family event. See details at https://northdakotawintershow.com/wintershow-schedule
- Like a number of businesses, the City of Valley City has job openings periodically. It is a great place to work with a proficient group of folks. See further information at: https://www.valleycity.us/career/
- Thank you to our Valley City Area Chamber of Commerce for sponsoring the Cocoa & Coffee Crawl last Saturday. There was a good number of people downtown and I hope all had a good time.
- The city received notification that our transfer station cannot accept televisions any longer as per state regulation. Along the same line, soon the landfill to which we transfer our garbage will not be accepting cardboard. Please begin recycling your cardboard now as there are a number of sites around town making it easy to do. J We’ll keep you updated as we receive new information.
- The “extra mile”, read a nice short story: https://www.deccanchronicle.com/141019/lifestyle-travel/article/fact-or-fiction-legend-waldorf
- Walkers please walk facing traffic and wear high visibility material to be safe. You have no chance to protect yourself from traffic coming behind you.
- Oh, and again, please pick up your pet’s fecal matter.
- Thank you to contributors again this week.
- “People will go where they are invited, but they stay where they feel welcome.” (From a friend) Blessings, Respect, Kindness and Prayers,