- Last weekend I was privileged to work a couple days at the NDHSAA State Wrestling Tournament in the Fargo Dome. While working at the NDHSAA, https://ndhsaa.com, the wrestling tournament was always one of my favorites. The Fargo Dome is an ideal venue as people in the first row of seats have an eye-level about 8-feet above the floor providing great sightlines. There is also a very large area for wrestlers to set up their “camps” and hang out when not wrestling. The Metro Area Tournament Committee does a great job hosting and administering the event. With people attending from the entire state make it an annual “Wrestling Community Reunion”. As I grow older, those get-togethers are more meaningful and this year was no exception as there were many “veterans” there to see and visit.
- * Hey, when someone you haven’t seen for awhile comes to mind; how about taking a little time to call, text or write? Maybe you’ll “make someone’s day”.
- Friday there was a 16-vehicle accident on I-94 by the Oakes interchange and there have been some accidents in town as well. Many occurred because of driving too fast for conditions. Sometimes 10 or 15 MPH in town can be too fast as it takes a long time to stop when on icy streets so please be careful.
- To the Fire & Rescue responders, “Thank you for braving the elements while helping those in the accident”.
- This week’s forecast is for pretty cool again, but with some fortitude, we’ll get through it. How about trying exercise at the Gaukler Family Wellness Center?
- Thank you to contributors again this week.
- “God doesn’t take things to be cruel, He takes things to make room for other things.” (Pat Summit) Blessings, Respect, Kindness and Prayers,