- A warm thought during a time of cold weather. “Life is like a journey on a train with different routes and sometimes hardships. Enjoy the people on your train and embrace your journey”.
- With very cold temperatures come very “good ice” on our streets and side walks. An all-wheel drive vehicle will help us “get going” faster, however, an all-wheel drive does not stop faster than a two-wheel drive. Please be careful and drive a little slower to help ensure everyone’s safety. Pedestrians have right-of-way at crosswalks.
- SMP Health-St. Raphael, formerly known as Sheyenne Care Center, is “alive and well” in Valley City. The additions and remodeling at the facility are wonderful, allowing for a multitude of quality services. To continue said services, quality employees are currently needed. Please see the address below for job listings and see where you might fit at St. Raphael. Call: 701-845-8222. https://smphealth.org/straphael/careers/
- A reminder; cardboard takes a lot of space in landfills; it is heavy, it is extra work to load into garbage trucks and is more costly than recycling. Help stabilize our garbage rates, please recycle. It is easy.
- COVID-19 numbers are up significantly. The Omicron Variant seems to be exceptionally contagious. Please be vaccinated and use good hygiene, to protect yourself, your family and friends.
- Thank you to contributors again this week.
- “After I hit a homerun I ran the bases with my head down. I figured the pitcher already felt bad enough without me showing him up rounding the bases.” (Mickey Mantle) Blessings, Respect, Kindness and Prayers,