- The weather forecast is for cool temperatures this week so we could have a beautiful “White Christmas” weekend if the wind doesn’t blow it all away. As of Sunday evening, it was still white and pretty.
- Recently there have been some pedestrians struck by motor vehicles in our region. While pedestrians have right-of-way in many areas, we as pedestrians must be prudent too. ** Walk against traffic, wear “hi-vis” clothing and remember vehicles cannot stop as readily in slick winter conditions.
- We are approaching the holiday season and our city employees are having fun learning with some “team building” activities. There has been fellowship, lots of food, numerous contests among individual employees and departments. Way to go everyone and thank you for your investment in Valley City.
- In the past year there have been some changes in the MRES Board, two about which I’d like to share a bit. Don Johnston and Harold Schiebout served MRES Members for 43 & 44 years respectively. Harold also served as “Chairman” for 34 years and a year as “Chair Emeritus”. These two men were serving when the Laramie River Station was commissioned in 1980 through the completion of the $400,000,000.00 Red Rock Hydro-Project in 2020. As of the 61 member MRES family, Valley City Citizens can be grateful for folks like Don and Harold. Thanks guys.
- The Salvation Army Kettle Campaign continues through December 24th.
- Thank you to contributors again this week.
- “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” (Barbara Bush) Blessings, Respect, Kindness and Prayers,