- Last Thursday “The Longest Table” took place on Central Avenue. There was a nice crowd with friendly faces and wonderful food along with the sharing of many creative ideas; it was very well organized and “flowed nicely”. Facilitators used their expertise to ease conversation among the diverse groups. It was fun seeing some volunteers administering the event who hadn’t been involved before, thank you. Sue and I enjoyed meeting some people for the first time and seeing some friends we hadn’t seen in awhile. Thank you to all who “made it happen”.
- The Bridges Art Council presented “Not Your Typical Shakespeare in the Park” in Pioneers Park Sunday. I think the actors had a great time presenting the “tongue-in-cheek” Shakespeare while the crowd was laughing and applauding. In the shade of the trees and a little breeze, it was comfortable too. Great job folks. SEPTEMBER 12th will feature Spencer Thomas’ “Stand Up Comedy Show”. Come out and enjoy. For further information call: 701-840-6182.
- RIVERFEST was held over the weekend with nearly 80 boats in the water along and over 60 pontoon rides. Great job everyone! Thank you to all.
- VOLUNTEERISM. The events above are just some of the activities that happen throughout the year in Valley City. Likely there is one that could interest you and might be fun for which to volunteer. There are opportunities for you to invest time with friends, make new friends, enjoy fellowship and enjoy the gratification achieved through your contributions. Please consider volunteering, YOU can “make a difference”.
- Thank you to contributors again this week.
- “People will go where they are invited, but they will stay where they feel welcome.” (A Friend) Blessings, Be Respectful, Be Kind and Pray,