COVID-19 & BLACK LIVES MATTER (BLM)
- This week the Corona Virus took a little “run” at us. So as of Sunday’s report, we have had nine positive tests in Barnes County.
- As a whole, you people have been doing a great job with your social distancing, way-to-go. J While many of us are pretty careful just because we are older and in higher risk categories, I implore you younger folks to be a bit more careful as the 20 – 40 year olds have the greatest number of positive tests followed closely by the 40 – 50 year olds. Please be careful out there as with the greater freedoms, we need to make better decisions to remain safe.
- Today there was a Black Lives Matter Protest in City Park and a march around town. Kudos to all involved as the program was well organized, heartfelt and peaceful. I counted over 100 people, young and old in attendance.
- There are many individuals out there who are hurting from persecution in one form or another. From a personal standpoint I need to become better informed.
- Cody, one of our Police Officers said, I’ll paraphrase, “We are here for you; communication, let’s get started”. Wow, a few words making a powerful statement; thank you.
- I am grateful to our local law enforcement people for working with organizers helping to ensure all could run smoothly.
- “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” (Benjamin Franklin)
Blessings, Pray and Be Safe,