- While we were grateful for the quick installation of the clay levees to mitigate flooding, perhaps the most asked question now is “When will the levees be removed”? Emergency declarations allow quick installation, however removal involves some layers of bureaucracy. It is important we remove levees as directed so we have opportunities for cost shares.
- Isn’t it amazing, with all the rain we have had, our lawn (not the best soil) is already stressing from lack of moisture? An area farmer once told me “We are only ever ten days away from a drought”!
- Last week Gwen, Marissa and I attended the Water Topics Overview Committee Meeting at the State Capital. The Committee was interested to know how flood fighting in Valley City was and what it is like now with some Permanent Flood Protection (PFP). We shared our community looked like a “war zone” in 2009, 2010 & 2011, but this year our Main Street was secure, traffic moved normally and was free of mud. We shared our gratefulness, as without the help of the Department of Water Resources (DWR) & the State Water Commission (SWC), we likely would not have PFP.
- Next Monday is the Fourth of July so it will be a great weekend to invest time with family and friends. Please be prudent while boating, lighting fireworks and other fun activities to avoid accidents.
- Contributors; thank you again for helping this week. J
- “Neither fire or wind, birth or death can erase our good deeds.” (Buddha)
- Blessings, Respect, Kindness and Prayers,